A few weeks ago we typed about a few pastry twists recipes; as always with my baking, these all started with needing to use up some shortcrust pastry! Surprisingly they weren’t a complete disaster and I wanted to do some more filling experiments..
These are so easy to make with whatever filling you desire; sweet, savory, spicy..!? These aren’t too out there flavour wise, but very tasty nonetheless- perfect for a pizza night!
I hope you enjoy this little recipe- do leave me any of your own recipes below 🙂
– Cheesy Garlic Pastry Twists –
You Will Need :
– Ready Made Shortcrust Pastry (1 pack should make aprox 14-15 regular size twists) – 1 tbsp soft butter – 1 tbsp garlic powder – 1 tbsp mixed herbs – grated cheese (I used mature & Parmesan) – 1 egg beaten
1. Allow the pastry to sit out for the stated time, 45 min to an hour
2. pre-heat your oven to 170 fan / Gas Mark 4 & prepare a lined baking tray
3. Place the pastry onto a flat chopping board, cut into half. Spread one half with the butter, sprinkle on the cheese and dry seasonings.
4. Place the other pastry half over the top and press down slightly. Cut into strips (however big / small you need) and place onto the baking tray, twisting as you lay them down- mine were all different shapes and sizes trying to do this haha! This is a little messy..
5. Brush all with the egg wash, with a final sprinkle of cheese
6. Bake for 15 mins, checking after 10. Once baked, allow to cool slightly before serving-
Sorry if this is a bit of a boring recipe, but trust me these are super tasty- and again can be altered to suit! These are good for a few days but best baked and eaten on the same day 🙂
I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading this little recipe, there’s another savoury version coming soon too..! Please do leave me links to your baking posts or instagrams below for me to follow too!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂