A couple of weeks ago I posted a pic of these Oreo cupcakes on my Instagram, after seeing a picture of these I HAD to try them! Which of course means sharing my baking experiments with you all- I hope you enjoy this little recipe for today, as always this recipe was inspired by other Oreo cupcake recipes online.
– Double Chocolate Oreo Cupcakes –
You Will Need :
for 12 cupcakes
– 6 oz softened salted butter – 6 oz golden caster sugar – 3 tbsp vanilla extract – 3 eggs – 4 oz flour, 2 oz cocoa powder – 3 tbsp milk – chocolate dessert sauce (+ 12 cupcake cases)
for the icing
– 5 oz softened salted butter – 2 tbsp vanilla extract – 1-2 tbsp milk if needed – 10 oz icing sugar – 2 packets of Oreos for icing and decoration, any flavour!
1) Cream the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy- about 5 mins
2) Add eggs to the mixture one at a time until combined, add in vanilla and mix well again
3) Slowly add in flour/cocoa until fully combined- don’t over mix! Finally mix in the milk.
4) Bake at 170′ fan for 15-20 mins for cupcakes, allow the cakes to cool fully before icing!
For The Cupcake Filling:
This step is optional and flavour changeable, but I added a ‘melting chocolate’ center in each cupcake. Simply coring the cakes and adding a generous helping or chocolate sauce in each- You could use buttercream, solid chocolate or even crushed Oreos!
To Decorate :
1) Beat the softened butter until light and fluffy
2) Slowly add in the icing sugar- add a little bit of milk at a time if needed or more icing sugar if to soft, mix in vanilla
3) Crush up 3/4 to a full pack of Oreos , add into the buttercream and mix well.
4) Pipe or spoon onto each cake, adding a final Oreo on top of each! I added some melted choc as well for an extra touch- also a dusting of icing sugar!
SERVE & ENJOY!
..and let me tell you now, these are ones for the sweet-toothed hearted’!!
These were super fun to make and are great for a party or to take for a gift! You can add any flavour Oreo you want or even any type of chocolate biscuit.. My apologies for lack of pictures, these were made and eaten up very quickly!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this quick cupcake recipe- do leave me any links to your own recipes or let me know if you try this one!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂