You may remember my Double Chocolate Twists post from the other week, in which I hinted there may be a savoury version on the way..
So today I’ve got another miss-match and test bake success, which lead to these savoury twists! These started off being plain cheese, but with some left over bits in the fridge turned into a form of pizza flavouring. Much like the chocolate twists, these would traditionally be made with puff rather than shortcrust pastry- honestly I would use either with these!
Another quick recipe, perfect for snacks or party nibbles, which I hope you’ll enjoy reading- as always please leave me any of your own recipe links below! 🙂
– Pepperoni Pizza Pastry Twists –
You Will Need :
– Ready Made Shortcrust Pastry (1 pack should make aprox 14-15 regular size twists) – Tomato Sauce / Paste – Grated Cheese (use whatever flavours you prefer, I use mature and Parmesan) – Pepperoni Slices, chopped (again, use whatever meat you prefer or what you have in) – Selection Of Seasoning, to taste
as these are pizza themed add or take away any fillings as wanted!
1. Allow the pastry to sit out for the stated time, 45 min to an hour
2. pre-heat your oven to 170 fan / Gas Mark 4 & prepare a lined baking tray
3. Place the pastry onto a flat chopping board, cut into half. Spread one half with tomato sauce or paste and sprinkle with cheese. Sprinkle on the other fillings- don’t put too much on!
4. Place the other pastry half over the top and press down slightly. Cut into strips (however big / small you need) and place onto the baking tray, twisting as you lay them down- mine were all different shapes and sizes trying to do this haha! This is a little messy..
5. Brush all with the egg wash, with a final sprinkle of cheese
6. Bake for 15 mins, checking after 10. Once baked, allow to cool slightly before serving-
This is a super simple recipe but, trust me here, a super tasty one! Perfect for snacks or party nibbles, you can add whatever you like to this. A little messy to twist up- but so so tasty! These are good for a few days but best baked and eaten on the same day 🙂
I really hope you’ve enjoyed reading this little recipe, there’s another savoury version coming soon too..! Please do leave me links to your baking posts or instagrams below for me to follow too!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂