Cakes are considered ”healthy” if there’s at least 1 fruit element right..hehe!
A very quick recipe for us today; a one bowl if you will. We had an over buy of bananas this week in our house, which worked out pretty well as I’ve been craving banana bread! Oddly this post isn’t about banana bread but muffins, chocolate and banana muffins to be precise!
This recipe was found online with a few tweaks of my own as always! I hope you enjoy this quick little recipe, do leave links to your own methods below 🙂
– Speedy Chocolate & Banana Muffins –
To Make 6 or Double Quantities For 12
3 oz soft salted butter / 1 egg / 3 oz golden caster sugar / 4 oz self-raising flour / 1/2 tsp baking powder / pinch of salt / 2 tbsp milk / 1 ripe banana, mashed / 100g chocolate chips / 1 tsp vanilla
– Pre-heat the oven to 180’C / 160′ Fan and line a muffin tray with cases
– Weight and add all ingredients into a bowl and combine together you could add nuts, other fruits, syrups, oats or leave them plain banana!?
– Once the mixture is smooth, spoon into the cases evenly. I added a slice of banana onto the top of each muffin, again do as you please
– Bake for 25 minutes until golden brown and smelling amazing remove from the tray and allow to cool slightly before serving
– One mostly cool I added a drizzle of melted chocolate over the top (bout 100g melted slowly in the microwave) and a dusting of icing sugar
Enjoy Immediately 🙂
These are best eaten the same day or within 2 as the bananas will lose freshness. You could add in oats / cereals to make these more breakfast muffins? As well as smelling amazing they taste so too! They will look slightly gooey inside as the banana melts.
I hope this little recipe is helpful and one you try out- again this was found online with a few of my own tweaks added!
Do leave me links to your food blogs, instagrams below 🙂
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂