Back to baking today- you may remeber these if you follow my Instagram..
A few weeks ago I had planned to make some flower piped cupcakes for a family birthday bbq, back when we had some VERY humid weather. It was so humid that no icing was holding up in the heat! With half an hour till we had to leave it was a mad dash to construct some from of cupcake dessert, which is what we are typing about today!
~ Chocolate Overdose Cupcakes ~
With a base of chocolate cupcakes and half a bowl of vanilla buttercream left I manged to get 12 full cupcakes done! To my surprise they went down really well with the hurried making covered up haha! You can alter the toppings in any way, I just tried to put as much on them as I could find at the time.
If you need a quick and tasty chocolate cupcake recipe hopefully this can help you out! I apologise for the lack of pictures..
– Start by baking a batch of chocolate cupcakes and half of either chocolate or vanilla icing; recipes to both HERE
– Once to cupcake are cool cut around/off the top of each
– Pour a little chocolate sauce into each cake, then covering with the spoonful of icing
– Using the cut out tops place a small bit of cake back onto each cake
– Desperately melt some white and dark chocolate and drizzle both over each cake, here is when you can add any extra chocolate in or on each cake!
– Allow the melted chocolate to set slightly before finishing with a sprinkling of icing sugar
Serve straight away or keep in the fridge! I must say here also that they go very well with hot chocolate sauce..
And here concluded some super quick chocolate cupcakes! Like I say, you can add anything chocolate into or onto these cupcakes. These went down a storm with my family! Perfect quick bake for work, cake sale or general snack hehe!
Do let me know what you think of this recipe- plus links to any baking blogs or Instagrams below! 🙂
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂