I don’t know about you, but these warm summer evenings make me crave simple salads and fresh food. Yes, yes quiche is full of cheese and buttery pastry but served with a good salad is just perfect in the sun. Quiche is such an easy thing to make with 101 fillings, this method used is a mixture of a few recipes I found online.
I hope you enjoy this little baking post 🙂
~ A Summers’ Afternoon Quiche ~
You Will Need:
-2 packs of ready made shortcrust pastry (I needed 1 + 1/4 pack for a medium tart tin) – 1 large red onion – 1 large white onion – 5/6 slices thick ham – 4 medium egg yolks – 280 ml double cream – 200 g grated cheese – seasonings – 1 tomato
1. Chill your pastry as directed on pack, pre-heat oven to 180 Fan / 200’c
2. Place pastry into the tart tin, cover with foil and add baking beans or rice to weight down and bake for 25 mins. Then removing foil & beans and baking for a further 10 mins at 160 fan / 180’C. Once cooked set aside to cool leaving the oven at the lower heat.
3. Chop the onions and fry off for 10 mins until golden, allow to cool slightly
4. While cooling place the cream, egg yolks and seasoning in a jog and mix together
5. Shred the ham onto the bottom on the pastry dish, following with the ham and 3/4 of the cheese. Pour over cream and egg mixture and lightly mix
6. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese and decorate with slices of tomato
7. Finally bake for 45 mins, allow to cool for an hours before cutting- ENJOY!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂