I’m sure most of you enjoy a cheese twist from time to time, if you’re in the UK Reeves are one of the best! There was some shortcrust pastry that was about to go out so it had to be baked- and cheese twists / straws immediately came to mind!
These are so easy to make and can be alter to suit; mustard, pesto, tomato and in today’s case marmite!
I hope you give this recipe ago, let me know your own ones below 🙂
~ Quick & Easy : Super Cheese Straws ~
You Will Need:
– 1 pack of ready made shortcrust pastry – 200g grated strong cheese – 1 egg (mixed) – seasonings / fillings
1. Prepare your pastry as per instructions on pack
2. Pre-heat the oven to 160 Fan / 180’C & line a large tray with parchment
3. Roll out the pastry until slightly larger than original shape
4. On one half sprinkle on the 3/4 of the cheese along with any other flavours used, fold the clear side over and roll together
5. Fold and roll out again 2-3 time until you can see your fillings dispersed evenly- once done roll out to aprox £1 coin thickness
6. Cut into strip sized as needed, place straws onto the baking tray (you can twist at this point also) brushing each with egg wash and sprinkling with the remaining cheese
7. Bake for 25 mins until golden and risen- allow to cool on tray slightly then ENJOY!
These are so tasty and VERY addictive!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little recipe today,
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂