Yes, you have read the title of the blog post correctly; Banoffee Brownies. I came across this recipe after craving both brownies and banoffee pie, not thinking there would be combined creation I gave it a google to find hundreds! We’ve done (I think) salted caramel brownies / chocolate cakes before so this isn’t much different. Honestly this recipe would work with just the added bananas or caramel separately!
A huge thank you to The Cupcake Confession / Clean Nibbles for the recipe! Hopefully you don’t mind me sharing the recipe once again!? 🙂
~ Baked Banoffee Brownies ~
– 100 g salted butter – 200 g dark chocolate – 50 g dark brown sugar – 150 g caster sugar – 3 eggs – 50 g all purpose flour – 1 tbsp cocoa powder – 2 whole bananas sliced –4 heaped tbsp store bought toffee sauce / caramel sauce
1.Line an 8” x 8” metal pan with greaseproof parchment paper & preheat the oven to 170 fan.
3. Melt the butter and chocolate in a microwave by stirring every 10 seconds to avoid the chocolate from burning. Once melted allow to cool for 10-15 mins
4. Add the eggs one at a time and mix well between each addition.
5. Add both the type of sugars mixing well
6. Sift the flour and cocoa powder and add to the mix. Mix well until all elements have been incorporated well.
7. Pour 3/4th of the brownie batter into the pan- best to use a rectangle pan as the mixture does rise!
8. Layer it with the bananas and then add the toffee sauce- I ended up using a whole jar (minus a few tasting spoonfuls) of Tesco Salted Caramel Sauce.
9.Cover with remaining brownie batter and bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top seems firm and the skewer inserted in the center of the brownie emerges clean. Allow to cool in the tine for 1-2 hours!
This really is a fabulous creation, the fruity bananas with the sweet caramel and chocolate is just heavenly..I shall be trying this again (but in a better tin) soon for sure. I’m also thinking of a chocolate based banoffee pie..?
Please leave any recipes below for me to check out!
I really hope you give this scrumptious recipe a go 🙂
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂