You may remember, from last year, I shared my Best Brownie Recipe? Like many of you out there; a brownie is one of the best snacks / desserts out there. Either super gooey and warm or a quick baked snack.
Oddly this is sort of a re-post blog post of which I shall explain to you why..
~ Double Baked Brownie Bars ~
The other day I went and baked the original brownie recipe (as linked), making no additions or changes. After leaving it to cool then starting to cut it annoyingly it was very underdone! I’m taking 70% not cooked rather than slightly gooey in the middle. Before going to bin it there was a suggestion to bake it again, not thinking that it would really do anything but I tried it anyway- and boy’ was it a success! I’d never heard of a double or twice baked brownie before but after researching it seems to be a thing. I’ve tried this method a few times now and it weirdly works well. More the texture of a pre-made ‘brownie bar’ that you would buy in Greggs or Pret for example. So of course I had to share this with you all! I really hope you give these a try, please let me know if you do!
You Will Need:
– 120g salted butter – 115g dark choc – 115g milk choc – 150g granulated sugar – 60g light brown sugar – 3 eggs – dash of vanilla – 85g plain flour – 20g cocoa powder – 200g milk & white choc chips – pinch of salt
1.Pre-heat oven to 190′ Fan and line a square tin with foil.
2. Melt the chocolate and butter together in the microwave, once melted allow to cool slightly.
3.Once cooled stir in the sugars, eggs and vanilla.
3.Fold in the flour, cocoa and salt until all is fully combined, pour into tin and bake for 22 mins. It will look cooked and should have a ‘wobble’, once baked allow to cool for an hour or so.
4.Heat the oven again to 190′ and line (a slightly larger) rectangle tin with foil.
5. Take the brownie onto a large chopping board, cut into chunks- don’t worry if center is very gooey!
6. Place the cut up brownie into the tin, pour on the chocolate chunks, mix and press into the tin.
7. Bake again for 20-25 mins and allow to cool. Cut into squares, serve warm or cold .
I know this recipe is a little bit of a faff with the double baking but it really is worth it. Again, a different type of brownie texture great for am occasion or treat!
Please leave links to any brownie recipes you have and be sure to let me if you try this one!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂