You may remember a few months ago I posted a recipe for Fruit Scones here on the blog?! These went down a storm in my house, I hope if you gave them a try they did for you too!
Since then I have been craving cheese scones, I’ve always preferred cheese scones to fruit ones. The best are always homemade with proper butter- plus more cheese on top hehe! So as you can guess, I’ve been playing with some recipes and this one has been working the best, there have been extensive tests…As I type this now I’m thinking adding marmite to the mixture would be super tasty too!
~ Quick & Easy : Cheese Scones ~
Makes Aprox. 12-12
You Will Need:
– 200 g Plain Flour – 2 tsp Baking Powder – Pinch Of Salt – 55 g Salted Butter – 150 g Strong Cheese – 150 ml Whole Milk – 200 g Grated Parmesan
1. Pre-heat you oven to 200’C and greased two baking trays with butter
2. In a bowl rub the butter and flour together until combined, stir in the salt and cheese
3. Gently add in the milk and mix until a dough starts to form- transfer onto a floured surface and briefly knead mixture
4. Roll 2 cm thick and cut out the scones placing on the trays. Brush each with a little milk and sprinkle a little Parmesan on each scone.
5. Bake for 15 mins, once cooked serve slightly warm for best taste!
These little scones are super tasty and VERY addictive. You can add extras like a couple tablespoons of marmite, mustard or paprika!?
Let me know if you have any good scone recipes and if you try this one!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂