Now, scones aren’t something I usually go for- shocking I know.. But recently I have been having a real craving for them! So as always I did some researching and took the best bits and tried to put them all together. Plus the great thing about these recipes is that you could add almost anything for the filling, this time though I went for the standard fruit! You can make these a big as you or double / halve the recipe as needed!
~ Quick & Easy : Fruit Scones~
(Makes Aprox 18 Scones)
You Will Need:
– 450 g S / R Flour 100 g – Cubed Butter – 100 g Caster Sugar – 240 ml Whole Milk -200 g Sultanas -Salt 1 Egg
(1) Pre-heat the oven to 200’C and grease a baking tray.
(2) In a large bowl rub together the flour and butter until combined.
(3) Stir in the sugar and sultanas- plus any other fruit as desired!
(4) Pour in the milk and mix until dough comes together, turn onto a floured surface and knead for a few mins.
(5) Roll out to 2-3 cm thick, with your circle cutter cut out scones- re roll as needed!
(6) Place scones onto baking trays, beat the egg and wash each scone on the top then sprinkle each with a little sugar.
(7) Bake for 13 mins then allow to cool, or serve a warm- ENJOY!
These were very tasty indeed, as I mentioned I’m not a big fan of scones but these were pretty good! These recipe can be adjusted for your own choice of filling; different fruit, chocolate or even nuts!? I suppose you could even reduce the sugar and make them savory- if you have a good cheese scone recipe please do leave it below! And as always any other recipes too!
I hope you’ve enjoyed reading this little recipe post, let me know if you try this recipe!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂
~ B ~