~ Blog-ember Day 1 ~
Who doesn’t like a good cup of hot chocolate? I certainly do; for a sweet treat or for a change from coffee. Normally I have a pot of Galaxy Light instant hot chocolate in stock but, as nice as it is, you can never beat the taste of a properly made one!
As these days are getting colder my cravings for hot chocolate have been growing haha! I don’t think I have ever made a proper hot choc before, places like Boston Tea Party & Starbucks do the drink with melted chocolate like you ‘should’. So after researching recipes and adding my own tweaks I think I cracked it- boy is it good!
I hope you enjoy this super simple recipe, let me know your own hot choc recipe or if you try this one!
Homemade Ultimate Hot Chocolate
This recipe will make one medium serving, easily double/triple as desired!
You Will Need:
– 220 ml whole milk – 35 g dark chocolate – 15 g milk chocolate – 35 ml single cream – pinch of salt + toppings of choice
1. Add 1/4 of the milk to a small pan and heat on a medium heat, add in the chocolate and stir to melt into the milk
2. Once chocolate is melted, whisk in the remaining milk and add the cream- add the pinch of salt to taste
3. Continue to whisk for 3/4 mins to bring up to heat- not to a boil
4. Pour and serve, finish with toppings as desired!
When I was first making this I wasn’t convinced it would be that special, but I was soon to be proven wrong! Only takes about 10 mins to make and easy to extend the recipe for bigger numbers- I really hope you give this a go!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂
~ B ~