Yes, you have read this correctly- Oreo. Truffles.
Prepare to be AMAZED!
I wasn’t sure how these would work, they looked delicious when I first saw them but I wasn’t sure how they would have the truffle texture. I assumed it would be more cheesecake base like. But do not fear- they are better than a standard truffle.
These amounts will make about 15 truffles but it all depends on the size you want. I would advise going cheery tomato size.
You Will Need:
- – 270g (two packets) original Oreos – 60g Cream Cheese – 200g White Choc – 100g Dark Choc
1. Put 270g of Oreos (you should have a few spare- save them for the decoration or a snack!) in a large bowl. Using something heavy, break up the Oreos until fine crumbs.
2. Add in the cream cheese and mix until well combined.
3. Line a tray with baking paper and roll the mixture into your preferred truffle sizes.
4. Place in the freezer (level) for around half an hour.
5. Once freezing for 30 mins, melt the white chocolate in a deep bowl on 30 second blasts. Once the truffles are hard- take them off the paper and place on a plate- they will go back onto the paper after chocolate application to freeze.
6. Using two spoons place a truffle into the white chocolate and coat. Place onto baking sheet again. Continue until all are covered- you may or may not need more white choc! Once all are covered return to the freezer for another 30 mins.
7. Once the 30 mins has past remover from the freezer and crush the remaining Oreos ready for decoration. Melt the dark choc, you can use milk but I find the little bit of bitterness than dark choc has works well with the sweetness of the truffle. Once the choc is melted, using the handle of a teaspoon, dip into the choc and drizzle over a truffle at a time adding a little of the Oreo crumb whilst the dark choc isn’t set.
8. Place in the freezer for 10 mins until decoration is set!
These really are delicious and great for a gift and they look so nice! You can do milk/dark chocolate for the casing with white chocolate decoration. You don’t even need decoration at all! So easy and quick to make!
Let me know if you’ve tried these and any other recipes!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little post 🙂
Thank You So Much For Reading!