How doesn’t love strawberries & cream!?
We are back and baking today, with this simple yet delicious cup-cake recipe! I have been experimenting with flavors and fillings recently and have found a few absolute gems- this being number 1.
Strawberries & Cream Cup-Cakes
You Will Need: (for aprox 12 cupcakes)
– 6oz softened butter – 6oz caster sugar – 6oz s/r flour – 3 eggs – 2tbsp vanilla
– 340g chopped strawberries
1. Pre-heat the oven to 170’C, line a 12 hole muffin tin
2. Mix the butter and sugar together until light and fluffy for a couple of mins
3. Add in the vanilla and eggs, again mix well
4. Fold in flour and mix again for 2-3 mins until fluffy
5. Gently fold in the strawberries
6. Spoon mixture into the cases, bake for 20-25 mins
7. Once cooked allow to cool completely before icing!
For The Icing:
– 420g icing sugar – 225g softened butter – 1tbsp vanilla – 1-2 tbsp extra thick cream
1. Mix the butter and icing sugar together until combined and fluffy
2. Add in vanilla and cream to taste / consistency required
3. Use right away or store until use
(I find that a little of this butter cream is better than a lot- like in the pic)
This really are super yummy and a great mini dessert for the summer months- can be made with or without the cream and served with more fresh strawberries.
If you have any recipes like this please let me know!
I hope you’ve enjoyed this little post!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂