Hello, another one of my quick and simple recipes today! A good old fashioned tomato soup! I don’t know about you guys, but I do love me a good hearty bowl of tomato soup- plus a little (pre) grated cheese never goes a miss in in! This is my go to recipe which never fail- this one will feed about 4 but it’s so easy to make it for the masses. I hope you enjoy reading this little post 🙂
You Will Need:
8 Large Tomatoes
2 Large Red Onions
Garlic & Seasonings
1 x Tine of Chopped Tomatoes
Cream (to finish)
Bread, Cubed (for croutons)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180’C
2. Cut the tomatoes and onions into decent chunks and put into a baking pan- drizzle generously with oil and and add seasonings to taste- spicy of herby, whatever you like!
3. Cook for about 20-30 minutes, checking regularly to see if the are cooking and/or burning
4. Whilst cooking, open the can of tomatoes and place them in a sieve, over a bowl, allowing the juices to separated.
5. Once the mixture is soft, place everything from the baking tin into a large sauce pan on a low heat.
6. Using the same pan, add the bread and coat with olive oil for the croutons- cook for about 15 mins
7. Using a hand held blender, mix everything together until it’s fairly smooth and has more liquid- taste to see if seasoning is needed. Blend to desired texture, I like it a little chunky.
8. Add in the drained tomatoes and blend for a few seconds again. Add half of the juice to taste.
9. Leave to heat through for about 5 mins- or until the bread is ready!
10. Once soup is heated and seasoned to taste- serve straight away into bowls and swirl a little cream on top!
11. Lastly add your golden croutons to finish! (I always add a little pre grated cheese too)
I have used this recipe many a time and it’s so simple and easy to do! I hope this is helpful. Please let me know if you have a good tomato soups recipe, I would love to give it a go!
Thank You So Much For Reading 🙂