Hello! I’m so glad it’s almost the weekend! Thought I would do a food post today as I’ve just made this for the millionth time, it’s a no fail, quick, easy and low washing up meal! Whenever I say I will make tea I get asked for this A LOT. Ideal if you need a quick dinner or maybe a student!? Hope you guys enjoy!
(One note to make: This seasoning I use for this is Sweet & Sour but it it more Chinese flavouring than sweet & sour. I normally don’t like Sweet & Sour meals but do not fear if you are like me!)
Maggie Chinese Chicken & Stir- Fry (With Homemade Sesame Seeded Bread)
You Will Need To Feed 4:
– Maggie in Sweet & Sour Chicken, choose the amount of chicken you need and what form; breast, slices, chunks
– 2 bags of stir-fry vegetables (I tend to use the supermarket value packs but you can get different options)
– 1-2 packs of fresh or dried noodles
– 1 baguette, oil and sesame seeds for the bread
Let’s Get Cooking:
1. Follow the steps on the back of the Maggie packet for the cooking of the chicken.
2. When the chicken has about 15 minutes left I start the stir-fry & other accompaniments. Stir -fry is nice and simple; heat up a large frying pan with some oil then add the stir-fry and keep turning until heated through. Shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.
3. For the bread, take the baguette and cut in half then section as big as wanted. Put onto a large baking tray and add oil to both sides of the bread. Sprinkle top side with sesame seeds, a little bit or garlic or any other seasoning of choice is also nice. This, again, shouldn’t take more than 10-15 minutes in the oven. But of course you can buy pre done bread haha!
4. The noodles (fresh) should take a few minutes in a microwave and the same (dry) in boiling water. I find that noodles aren’t always needed if you have a lot of vegetables.
5. When this chicken is done, I leave it out for 5 minutes to cool slightly and the sauce to settle. I like to take the chicken out of the sauce, sometimes then adding the sauce into the stir-fry in the pan or pouring it over the dish at the end.
6. To plate up (if you want it to look like the pic haha) a few spoonfuls of stir-fry then the chicken pieces and sauce depending on what way you’ve done it. Soy or chilli sauce is a nice addition.
7. And enjoy your meal, with little washing/clearing up afters!
I hope you give this a try, if you can’t get Maggie there are loads of other bake-in-the-bag type ones out there.
Thanks for Reading, Happy Cooking!